The studio is based around a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) and a wide range of outboard equipment to ensure that the sound captured is exactly as it should be.
Once recorded we can apply a range of effects as needed, compression, reverb, delay, modulation, chorus, mic and amp simulators and even if needed pitch correction to bring back into pitch that flat note on what otherwise would be a perfect performance.
Editing down to the actual waveform is possible to remove any unwanted noise, pops, clicks, or the odd sniffle and cough. We also have a range of instruments and amplifiers for use.
A large range of equipment is used at Dormdust Productions, some of which is listed below.
Digital Audio Workstation
- Apple mac running Logic Pro X
- Focusrite Audio Interfaces (18 analogue inputs)
- Aphex 207 Dual Mic Pre-amp (5)
- ART Pro VLA II Compressor
- Samson Servo 170 Power Amp and HHB Circle 5 monitor speakers
- Behringer 12 way Headphone Amp
- Technics Power Amp and Coda speakers
- Mackie Big Knob monitor controller
- Headphones, (10 pr)
- Rode NTK (2)
- AKG C3000 (2)
- AKG C1000 (2)
- Sure SM57 (5)
- Audio Technica Bass microphone
- RED 5 Audio Drum kit microphone set and mounts (6 mics)
- CME UF8 Master Keyboard
- Pearl World Series Drum Kit